With A Side of Jess: What's in my November 2012 Birchbox

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

What's in my November 2012 Birchbox

This month's Birchbox theme is Giving in honor of Thanksgiving. According to the info card "This month's box is all about giving: giving thanks, giving back, and of course giving treats." I'm not entirely sure I see how many of these things in my box are about giving to be honest.


Atelier Cologne Rose Anonyme Petite Cologne Absolue - Full size $75 for 30ml - Sample $3.70 for 1.48ml
 
I can already tell you that I don't like this. At all. The minute I popped off the top all I could think of was old lady Avon. It's supposed to have ginger and bergamot as the notes and so I'm guessing maybe it's the bergamot that makes it smell like old lady. Either way, I'm not a fan.


Miracle Skin Transformer™ Vanish Instant Imperfection Corrector - Full size $58 for 1oz - Sample $5.80 for 0.1oz
According to the info card, this is a serum-infused primer with optical diffusers. Apparently that means it's supposed to mask imperfections. It's supposed to improve wrinkles, dark spots and even skin tone. I'm actually pretty excited to try this since my current primer (by Rimmel) isn't doing much to cover dark spots. Even with primer, a few acne scars that I have still show through my foundation and even concealer after a few hours. Hopefully this can help.


Oscar Blandi Pronto Texture & Volume Spray Travel Size - Full travel size $11 for 1.5oz - Sample travel size $7.33 for 1oz
If there's two things my hair needs on a daily basis it's texture and volume. I typically wash my hair every other day and on day two it has much more texture than day one it seems. It also gets more volume from the dry shampoo I use. I kind of hope this can help my hair on day one when it's flatter and lacking in the texture and volume. I also love that it's a travel size sample, which doesn't mean it lacks in product, but that it's more portable and could easily go in my bag or be stored easily with my other hair products.


stila all over shimmer liquid luminizer try-me-set - Full size $20 for 3 different shades - Sample $6.67
So far I haven't been one for too much shimmer on my face because it tends to get oily as the day goes on. However, after swatching this on the back of my hand I think I might actually like it. It didn't have too much shimmer and seemed to be more glowy than glittery. As much as I love glitter (when it comes to crafting), I hate obvious glitter on my face.


Chuao Chocolatier Assorted ChocoPod - Full size $7.95 for 7 assorted flavors - Sample $1.14
I'm really, really anxious and excited to try this. A local store sells chocolate covered potato chips by the pound and I've always been tempted to try some, but haven't actually taken the plunge. The flavor I got has "crisp kettle cooked potato chips and a hint of sea salt" with milk chocolate. Sounds delish to me!

The box also came with a gift box meant to be used to give someone special a surprise.

Box Total: $24.64

No comments:

Post a Comment