With A Side of Jess: 12 Cards of Christmas - #7-9

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

12 Cards of Christmas - #7-9

Today is the third of four days of posts sharing my 12 Cards of Christmas series. If you've missed the first day you can find it here and the second day here. All of these cards were quick and easy to put together. With the exception of a few, none required any special or fancy supplies and similar supplies can probably be found at your local craft store.

Card 7:
This snowflake/polka dot paper is some of my favorite Christmas paper. I've been using it for 3 Christmases now and I'm on my last sheet - cue tears. I'm pretty sure it's been discontinued as I got it in one of those clear out bundle packs that Hobby Lobby does at the end of the seasons.

I added glitter to the snowflake dots to add a little sparkle - if you haven't guessed by now I love sparkle.

A "Snow much fun" chipboard piece and some polka dot rick rack finish things off. I thought that the rick rack really tied things together and made it even more fun and festive looking even though the colors in the polka dots aren't matchy matchy.

Card 8:
I thought this Santa paper was too cute to not use this year. It's a new paper I got recently at Hobby Lobby - it was in one of those big packs they put together so I'm guessing it was last year's Christmas paper.

Just a few red and green gems around the edges gives it a little sparkle and adds just a little bit of something extra without going overboard.

I really like the bow in the center because it covers up the seam between the papers and it also makes it look like a "gift card" that I wrote about/made in one of the previous card sets.

Card 9:
I'm so glad I've been able to find more uses for this text paper. It's hard for me to find ways to use papers like this since they already have a sentiment essentially and in order to be able to read that sentiment you don't want to put too much on top.

I kept it simple with a little ribbon around the top and bottom.

And added some chipboard stickers to ribbon to make it look like the mittens are hanging up. It's simple, yet cute and festive.

No comments:

Post a Comment