With A Side of Jess: Friends are Angels - Canvas Craft Project

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Friends are Angels - Canvas Craft Project



My friend Kelley's birthday is this month and I knew I wanted to make her something special. She's such an amazing friend that I wanted it to be something she could keep to display and when she looked at it she would think of me and remember how amazing she is.

I've seen several canvas ideas floating our on Pinterest for the quite some time. I thought I'd come up with my own twist on several of the ideas I had seen. Many temporarily glued letters to the canvas and then painted over them. When the letters were peeled off, they revealed letters in the base color.



I was kind of going for a similar look with the "Friends" and "Angels part of the saying, except I cut the words out using my Cricut and then ran them through my Xyron upside down. I sprinkled pink glitter over it and then ran it through the correct way so I could adhere it to the canvas.


I added a bit of pink lace and pinned it with an earring I got at a garage sale over the summer. The earring serves two purposes in that it adds a great detail to the canvas and since I left the post on the back, I was able to stick it through the canvas to make sure the center of the lace stays in place.

All of the text in white has been hand painted. I was going to cut it all out with my Cricut but I couldn't get the sizes right and didn't want to waste paper trying to get it right.


No comments:

Post a Comment