With A Side of Jess: 12 Cards of Christmas - #1-3

Monday, November 26, 2012

12 Cards of Christmas - #1-3

Today is the first of 4 days of posts highlighting 12 Christmas cards I have made. All of these cards were quick and easy to put together. With the exception of a few, none required any special or fancy supplies and similar supplies can probably be found at your local craft store.

Card 1:
This card is so simple and easy to make and the layout can be used for so many different occasions. If you end up using the same, or a similar, layout, be sure to choose paper with a pattern that lines up obviously.

I think It's really neat to see the tops of letters cut off in one bar at the bottom of the one above it. It adds interest and you don't need to be too flashy about embellishments.

For the embellishment I chose a simple snowman stamp and embossed him with silver embossing powder on light pink paper. Ideally I wish I'd had a pink closer to the patterned paper's background, but I still think it looks ok.


Card 2:
This is quite possibly one of the easiest cards ever, seriously. I had this Christmas colored patterned paper in my stash and decided to bust it out.

The sentiment is really just a sticker that I got at the end of the season last year. I stuck it on white cardstock, cut around it and put it on foam tape to add a bit of dimension. A red ribbon tied around and some glitter to the "holly jolly" part makes it complete.



Card 3:
This card is made to look like a gift, complete with a tag. I just chose somewhat simple paper and dressed it up with a red bow and a plastic circle tag that I embellished with an acrylic gem.

I also wrote a To/From on the tag to really make it look like a gift. However, since I'm not quite sure who the recipient will be, I just left it a generic you/me.

This would be very easy to replicate with many different paper/ribbon combos. It would be adorable to see a bunch of "gift cards" all together under a tree or something.


No comments:

Post a Comment