With A Side of Jess: 12 Cards of Christmas #10-12

Thursday, November 29, 2012

12 Cards of Christmas #10-12

Today is the last of four days of posts sharing my 12 Cards of Christmas series. If you've missed the first day you can find it here, the second day here and the third day here. All of these cards were quick and easy to put together. With the exception of a few, none required any special or fancy supplies and similar supplies can probably be found at your local craft store.

Card 10:
I love this cute little Santa chipboard sticker I had and I think the red/green background goes perfectly.

"Jingle all the way" is a great sentiment to use on a Santa card, at least in my opinion. I only wish I could have centered it more but that wasn't going to happen given the sticker was already premade and I couldn't really alter it.

I spruced up Santa with a bit of glitter on his beard and the ball of his hat.

Card 11:
 Snowmen are always cute and appropriate for winter holidays and because this one says "Happy Holidays," it can be given to anyone who celebrates winter holidays.

This snowman is just adorable. He's so happy and cheery. I maybe only wish I had given him a bit of glitter, but as you can see in the larger card above, there was already bits of glitter sprinkled around the card.

I love that this "Happy Holidays" sticker is flat and not chipboard as the snowman is. It made it so much easier to layer it under the snowman and really, to me, it looks like they could have been one piece because they go together so well.

Card 12:
I love the color scheme of this card because it's not your typical winter/holiday card colors. The cream and mint green look amazing together and I was lucky enough to find the diagonal striped paper in my scrap pile.


 I glued a row of acrylic gems, aka rhinestones, in varying sizes across the middle of the card to cover the seam between the papers. Few things bug me more than being able to see the seam between two papers, especially when it's not a pretty seam.

I added a bit of glitter to the "snow" portion of the sentiment to make it stand out a bit more, but otherwise I don't think this needed very much sprucing up. I put white cardstock on the back of the sticker so I could then use foam tape to pop it up. This is such a simple and beautiful card.

So now that you've seen 12 very different Christmas card ideas, are you going to start making your own? Have you started making your own? I'd love to see what card ideas you've come up with for this season so feel free to share and discuss them in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment