With A Side of Jess: October 2012 Hits and Misses - Beauty, Craft, Food and Lifestyle Favorites

Monday, November 5, 2012

October 2012 Hits and Misses - Beauty, Craft, Food and Lifestyle Favorites

Sorry this is a few days off schedule. There were a few other things and loose ends from October I wanted to get up before this went up - and of course Foodie Friday returned so that took up Friday.

Again, is it really that time again?? I feel like the months are going so fast anymore and October was no different. It just felt so busy for some reason, maybe because I was counting down the days until my birthday. Who knows. At any rate, on with the show!

Hits
Beauty:

Birchbox and Color Club Custom Collection in Status Update
I know this made the list last month, but I still wore it for more than half of this month as well! I still can't say how much I love it. I love that just one coat will cover everything and when chips happen, one more coat will cover those up too!


essie fall picks Nail Polish Collection in Lady Like
This is not a color I would have picked for fall but it's been a great color this month. It's a great purple/pink./mauve that isn't too dark or too light. It goes great with many colors because it's more of a neutral to me. It's not overly bright or flashy and it looks pretty natural on my nails.

Craft:
Glitter
Red glitter, orange glitter, white glitter, all colors of glitter. On any ordinary day I LOVE glitter but for some reason I've been even more drawn to the sparklier things in life this month. I was even so drawn to it that I covered an entire mini pumpkin in it (see lifestyle loves below).


Food:

Pizza
I have eaten more pizza this month than I really care to admit to. It's so good and it goes great with the cooler weather we've been having. For some reason pizza just seems to be a fall and winter staple for me - though honestly I could eat it every single day of the year.

Lifestyle:

Halloween Pumpkins
Every year there we each get pumpkins and try to think of something creative to carve them into. This year I chose a mummy - after seeing some inspiration on Pinterest of course! A friend also gave us smaller pumpkins and I covered mine in glitter. It looks like a Christmas ornament though I was hoping I could turn in into Elton John or something.

Misses
Beauty:

Nothing I was using in October sticks out as a miss. This is a good thing, I promise!

Craft:

I didn't really try anything new in October so nothing was a miss!

Food:

LUNA bar in Lemon Zest
This was the first LUNA product I had ever had. I've tried Clif bars and some other similar things, but never this particular one so I was kind of excited. The first few bites reminded me of those lemon flavored Girl Scout cookies and those are pretty tasty. However, by the end it tasted more like lemon Pledge or some other lemon scented cleaning chemical. I'm not sure what happened to my taste buds between the first two bites and the last 2 bites but something went awry. I might like other flavors, but Lemon Zest is not it.


Lifestyle:

Nothing stands out as being less than great!

Products mentioned in this post:


No comments:

Post a Comment