With A Side of Jess: 12 Cards of Christmas #4-6

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

12 Cards of Christmas #4-6

Today is the second of four days of posts sharing my 12 Cards of Christmas series. If you've missed the first day, you can find it here. All of these cards were quick and easy to put together. With the exception of a few, none required any special or fancy supplies and similar supplies can probably be found at your local craft store.

Card 4:
This card came together really fast. I just took a strip of red paper and layered a rectangle of patterned paper and yellow paper on top.

I added small red gems in each of the corners to add a little sparkle and interest. Since the paper says "Merry Christmas," I didn't really feel there was a need to add anything else.

The "JOY" part of the card is just some Christmas stickers I had. I put white cardstock on the back so I could use some foam tape to add some dimension to the card.

Card 5:
The background paper for this card is one of my favorite Christmas papers. To me, it looks fairly elegant yet you can dress it up or down as you can see here. This card is by no means fancy - unless you could the glitter on it, and sometimes I do - and yet it looks well put together and coordinating.

The sentiment is just a sticker I had from last year's Studio G Christmas collection from Walmart. Like all the stickers I want to pop instead of just laying flat I put some white cardstock on the back and then used foam tape to pop it up.

I also added a little glitter around the edges to give it some more interest and sparkle. Everything's better with glitter, right?

Card 6:
This card didn't quite turn out the way I had hoped, but I went with it and well this is what I got. I like the design, layout and supplies I used, I just wish the it had been a bit different in the execution of everything together and the final product looked a bit more polished.

I used acrylic gems (rhinestones if you want to call them that) to mimic Christmas ornaments. After doing this card I have concluded that I need to invest in some straight line stamps - or even curvy lines. I had to use the edge of my Versamark pad to make lines, which is why they ended up uneven in both thickness and straightness.

The sentiment I chose is one of my favorite Christmas sentiment stamps - actually it may be my only now that I think about it. But at any rate I love it. It stamps very cleanly every time and it's just great.

No comments:

Post a Comment