With A Side of Jess: January 2013 Favorites - Beauty, Craft, Food and Lifestyle

Monday, February 4, 2013

January 2013 Favorites - Beauty, Craft, Food and Lifestyle

Time for a new year and another format change for a monthly post! I hope this is easier to navigate and find things that may interest you! Let me know in the comments below how you like this change!

Beauty

Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer SPF 15

This stuff is pretty awesome. Previously I'd been using Walmart's Neutrogena knockoff but I have to say that I like this so much better - for the winter at least. I've been using it pretty much all month and it has yet to break me out. Yes, I've had breakouts but they haven't been from using this. My skin tends to be a bit particular about what I put on it, especially on my face so this is great news. I also like that it has the added benefit of sunscreen since my previous moisturizer did not.

Eyeko Curvy Brush Mascara

To be perfectly honest, the wand scared me at first. It's this crazy looking thing that might scare off mascara novices like myself. However, once I started to apply it I found it went on super easy and I really think I like this sooooo much more than their Skinny Brush Mascara I featured in last month's favorites. The formula doesn't smudge or flake and yet it's super easy to remove at night.

theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer

This highlighter is amazing. Seriously. I'm generally a non-fussy make up wearer so this was kind of a jump for me to even try really, but it's awesome. I mostly use it as an inner eye corner highlight but occasionally dust it across the tops of my cheeks and down my nose as well. It's really easy to work with and I don't feel like it's too shimmery or out of control.

Craft



Food

Kellogg's Frosted Mini-Wheats Chocolate Little Bites

 Chocolate Mini-Wheats say what? In general I'm a fan of Frosted Mini-Wheats so when I saw these chocolate ones at the store (and had a coupon!) I knew I had to try them. I swear that in some of them it's like there's a little nugget of chocolate! They really taste just like candy to me and I managed to eat a whole box of these by myself (don't worry, it took me a couple of weeks).

Lifestyle


Allergy and Sinus Meds

 I managed to get sick (again) and these were great at helping me manage the symptoms until whatever it was worked itself out. I was so happy that these didn't make me drowsy like a lot of other meds do so I could take them while at work and not worry about being too sluggish or tired.

2 comments:

  1. I am IN LOVE the theBalm highlighter! I've been using Simple's Nighttime creme day and night during the winter here. I have picky skin too and no breakouts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so awesome! I'll have to look into that moisturizer also! I'm always looking for good ones that won't break me out.

      Delete