With A Side of Jess: February 2013 Ipsy Glam Bag

Thursday, February 14, 2013

February 2013 Ipsy Glam Bag

This is my first Ipsy bag. After a few disappointing Birchboxes I decided to dip my toes into something else so that I can decide if I really want to continue my Birchbox subscription. From the looks alone, it's a pretty decent bag!


This month's theme is "Get Red Carpet Ready" and the card that came with the bag doesn't really elaborate on that at all. It just advertises specials and deals Ipsy members get for purchasing the products featured in the bag. It does, however tell you to check out your Glam Room on Ipsy for more details.


This month's bag is a black pleather bag with a bright red interior. The inside to me feels like parachute material. I think I may use it to keep things in my overnight bag for work.

Coastal Scents Eye Shadow Sample Set - In the Spotlight - Dark Goldenrod, Sunbeam, Golden Globe, Dark Golden Olive

Full size - $7.96 : Sample - $3.48

I couldn't quite capture the right colors of the eyeshadows but this was as close as I could get. The shadows are a tiny bit darker in person. Overall, this quad is right up my alley. I'm a more neutral person and with the exception of the yellow, they're all shades I would probably wear. I can't wait to start testing them out!

To get the total worth of what this quad would be in full size, I priced each color individually.

Pixi Flawless & Poreless Face Primer

Full size - $29 : Sample - $14.36

I'm excited to try this primer out. I currently use Revlon's PhotoReady Perfecting primer and I'm almost out. This sample is large enough that I feel I can get many uses out of it and decide if I want to purchase it myself. The only downside I notice right away is that it smells kind of like lipstick to me. I hate the smell of lipstick for the most part.

Pop Beauty Smoky Black Mascara

Full size - $18.50 : Sample - $12.58

Another mascara to add to my collection! I currently have 1 open and I'm trying to decide which other one to open (I don't like to have too many open at once). This could be a top contender since I've heard some good things from other bloggers about it.

Lash Card

Full size - $6.99 : Sample - $2.80

This is probably the one thing in the bag I probably won't even try. I don't really have a use for it. I don't have issues with mascara smudging or clumping and to be honest, I already have a guitar pick shaped thingy from Eyeko that promises to do the same thing. I'll probably toss this into my "for a giveaway someday" pile or my "share with a friend" pile.

MICA Beauty Cosmetics Gel Eyeliner

Full size (comes with a brush for application) - $35 : Sample (no brush) - $30

I've never tried gel eyeliner and at first I was kind of disappointed with this sample. However, after thinking about it, I've decided it could be great. I have yet to find an eyeliner that I think looks good on me and I can work well with. Here's to hoping this is it!

I took $5 off the value of this sample since a regular full size of this product comes with a brush for application and the sample didn't come with a brush. Otherwise, as far as I was able to tell there is the same amount of product in the sample as is in the full size.

Bag Total - $63.21

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment