With A Side of Jess: Jolly Rancher Vodka - Foodie Friday - Project Pinspiration #4

Friday, February 8, 2013

Jolly Rancher Vodka - Foodie Friday - Project Pinspiration #4


I'm not much of a drinker but when I do drink it's either Long Islands or something fruity and girly - with the occasional shot of something thrown in for good measure. I used to drink more when I was younger - meaning in my 21/22/23/24 years - but some stomach issues, among other things, keep me from drinking much anymore.

However, that didn't stop me from wanting to try this recipe. I love Jolly Ranchers - watermelon and blue raspberry are my favorite - and I thought this might make a decent drink - or shot - to enjoy every now and then. When I decided to make this, I only had enough candies on hand to make two small batches - cherry and green apple.

The cherry is by far my favorite of the two flavors I made. The only down side is that it does kind of have that cough medicine aftertaste. I think that maybe using more candies may help with it. Also, I tried it as a shot - aren't my beer mug shot glasses cute? - and next time I think I may mix it with some lemon-lime pop to help cut down on that cough medicine taste.

Because I liked this so well I'd really like to try making the watermelon and blue raspberry kinds as well. Maybe next time I venture down the candy aisle I'll pick up some more.


I wasn't that fond of the green apple flavor, and like the cherry I'd probably mix it with some lemon-lime pop next time. I really think that most of why I didn't enjoy this flavor as much is because I'm just not that fond of green apple Jolly Ranchers. I don't think it was really any flaw in the flavor itself, just my personal preference.

I made smaller batches of each flavor because I didn't have many candies on hand, along with the above mentioned reasons why I don't drink alcohol so much anymore. I did use the same ratio of candies to vodka though so the taste should not have been affected by using less of each.

If I make this again the future I would add a few more candies to each batch. While the flavor of the candy did come through, I feel like it wasn't quite strong enough and ended up tasting a little more alcohol-y than fruity.

Overall, they're pretty good as shots but if I were to be drinking them over the course of a night I would most definitely mix them with some lemon-lime pop. It would help cut down on the amount of alcohol you actually consume and make the drinks last longer.

It might also be fun to try other flavors of Jolly Ranchers since they have branched out from the original flavors of cherry, blue raspberry, watermelon, grape and green apple.

Have you tried making this yet? Which flavor was your favorite? If you haven't tried it yet, which flavor do you think will be your favorite?

*I do not condone drinking under the legal age limit of your country. If you are of legal drinking age in your country, please do so responsibly*

No comments:

Post a Comment