With A Side of Jess: 2013 Resolution Review - February

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

2013 Resolution Review - February

I thought it might be a good idea to have a monthly review of my New Year's Resolutions so that I can see on a short term basis how I'm doing with keeping up and I'll know what I need to work on for the next month.

In case you've forgotten or can't be bothered to click on over the the original post, my resolutions were:
  1. Be more present - I, like many, spend so much time caught up in what happened and what will happen that I forget to think about what is happening
  2. Take more pictures - It kind of goes with the first resolution, but while it's nice to have memories of things, sometimes a physical memento is nice too. Plus it would be helpful for continuing my scrapbooks.
To be perfectly honest, I haven't been doing that great of a job at either of those so far.

I'm still stuck a lot on what will happen. It makes me anxious to think about things that have to happen at a certain time - like when I HAVE to get up at 6a to be at work on time - and I end up focusing too much on those types of things instead of what is currently happening. At the moment I am currently writing this (obviously) but the back of my mind keeps wanting me to check the clock so I know how long I have until I have to go to work today. And it's making me anxious. It's not so much that I'm anxious about going to work, it just seems like when I know I've got an hour until I have to do something like go to work, I waste the hour trying to keep my mind off counting down the minutes.

A few months ago our power went out for a couple hours during a storm and reset the clock in my bedroom. I never reset it to the correct time at first because I was just too lazy to be bothered to do so and then because I noticed I spent less time awake at night counting the hours of sleep I could still get if I fell asleep right that second. Eventually I figured out how to adjust the time the clock said to the real time, but when I woke up in the night my brain didn't function enough to do that so it wasn't an issue.

Anyone else have this problem? How do you deal?

As far as taking more pictures goes, I'm not sure what the problem is here. Maybe I'm not doing enough worth photographing? I don't have kids to take pictures of and after a while the dog gets kind of boring. My husband hates having his picture taken. Most of the time taking a picture is an afterthought. Something happens and then I wish I'd thought to take a picture. I'm trying to get better about that so hopefully it improves as the year goes on!

How are you doing with your resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment