With A Side of Jess: Life Update - February 2013

Monday, February 25, 2013

Life Update - February 2013

Already February?! What?!

I know, I know. I'll probably say it a lot, but I feel like the older I get, the faster the months tick by. Months turn into years and before I know it I'll have just turned 40 instead of having just turned 30. Yikes!

The job is going pretty good yet. I managed to work 8.5 hours of overtime one week. Another yikes! Thankfully 8 of the 11 extra hours I picked up were an asleep overnight. I really don't know how people can work a ton of overtime hours and be awake for all of them. Since my work is scheduled in a 2 week rotation (and the schedule is the same for each 2 week rotation), I generally work 37 hours in Week 1 and 35 hours in Week 2. Magically that makes me full time.

Everything else in life is slowly chugging along. I go this week to talk to my doctor about further testing to see if my one remaining fallopian tube is open or blocked. My gut says there's something wrong with it, but my gut has been wrong before. If it is blocked she said she would probably refer me to a reproductive endocrinologist who may have more insight into things and/or information about starting the IVF process. I really don't want to jump too far ahead of myself, but I think that's the most likely scenario.

In other medical (somewhat) related news. I had my first dental cleaning in several years recently. I went in because I had a cavity bugging me and also got a cleaning while I was there. I ended up getting 1 cavity filled and another refilled because the existing filling was eroding. I go back in March to get another 2 small cavities filled. I'm so glad to have dental insurance now.

My last surviving grandma celebrated her 87th birthday on the 19th. We took her lunch, a cake and presents at the nursing home. As always her moods are hit or miss - sometimes both in the same conversation! - but for the most part she was glad to have all the attention on her. So glad she enjoyed the meal with her daughters and two of her granddaughters.

What's new in your life lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment