With A Side of Jess: Strawberry Ice Box Cake - Foodie Friday - Project Pinspiration #6

Friday, February 22, 2013

Strawberry Ice Box Cake - Foodie Friday - Project Pinspiration #6


When I saw this recipe I just KNEW I had to try it. It looked so delicious and strawberries were on sale at the grocery that week. It was destiny - or at least a great idea with some potential savings at the grocery store.

My version turned out a little different because I just made a half recipe due to the size of pans I had.


You'll also notice that I didn't put the chocolate on top. That's because my dad doesn't like chocolate and it would be just as easy to add chocolate to the individual servings as it would be to add it to the top. Adding the chocolate later means he gets his without and everyone else can have theirs with.


The only real disappointment with this was that the strawberries weren't quite as sweet and flavorful as they could have been - and had been in the past.


The chocolate was really a delicious addition.

I would totally make this again. Reading through the comments on the original blog post I noticed a chocolate eclair ice box cake mentioned and I think that could also be a great thing to try.

Have you ever had an ice box cake? What kind did you have? Will you be trying this strawberry version?

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete