With A Side of Jess: February 2013 Favorites - Beauty, Craft, Food and Lifestyle

Thursday, February 28, 2013

February 2013 Favorites - Beauty, Craft, Food and Lifestyle

I tend to wait until the last few days of a month to think back about the products I used the most in each month. Sometimes it changes a lot from month to month and sometimes it stays the same. I was quite surprised to see just how many products stayed the same this month - and how many more I added!

And now on with the show!

Beauty

Beauty Blender

I know a couple of months ago I thought my new stippling brush was the most amazing way to put on foundation. Boy was I wrong! I am totally in love with the Beauty Blender. It makes putting on my foundation, and getting even coverage, so easy! Let me know if you'd like a full review of this - though I'm sure a quick Google search would also lead you to tons of reviews.


Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer SPF 15

This was a favorite last month as well. The weather here has been playing on a teeter-totter or something because one day it's near 50 and the next it's 15 and snowing. I've been very surprised how well this moisturizer has been doing for my skin with the fluctuating temps and dry air.

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey

This is another returning favorite, this time from December. It really is my go-to lip color most days. Even if I put nothing else on, I'll put this on. I love the way it colors my lips immediately and then wears off to a nice stain.

theBalm's Put a Lid on it

I really love this eyeshadow primer. It works great, really helps my eyeshadow stay put longer AND makes the colors bolder. It's probably one of my favorite Birchbox samples ever - no joke!

Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser

This has been my go-to cleanser when I feel a breakout coming on or when one has snuck up on me. I had been trying a few new face products in February that ended up not working so well and broke me out. I've been using this cleanser daily, in addition to my normal skin care routine, and it's been helping tremendously.

Suave Professionals Dry Shampoo

This has been my favorite dry shampoo for a while. I've tried several different ones and this one seems to work the best for my hair. It doesn't leave as much white powder as some of the others and the scent isn't too strong.

Master's Touch Angle Shader #528307

I bought this brush at Hobby Lobby some time ago and I use it for eyeliner. Before I received a sample gel eyeliner in my February Ipsy, I just used it to make eyeshadow into eyeliner. It works great I think. The bristles are very soft yet sturdy. My only complaint is that the handle is so long. I may end up chopping it off to be shorter.

Eyeko Curvy Brush Mascara

Another January favorite returning. This has been the only mascara I've used this month. I LOVE it. I really can't say enough good things about it. Let me know if you'd like a full review!

Craft


Food

Onion rings from a local restaurant

We lovingly call these onion bracelets because of their massive size. They come 4 or 5 to an order, with Ranch dressing, for about $7. I cannot go to this place and NOT get them. They're so good.

Lifestyle

Tents & Trees

My sister recently got a Windows phone and downloaded some bundle game app or something. Included was a game where you needed to put tents next to trees so that there were a certain number of tents in each row/column. Needless to say, after watching her play for a few days I needed to find an Android version and this is what I came across. It's pretty addictive (for me at least) and a great time waster when you're waiting for an appointment or whatever.


No comments:

Post a Comment