With A Side of Jess: What's in my Birchbox - January 2013

Thursday, January 17, 2013

What's in my Birchbox - January 2013


The theme of the January 2013 Birchbox is "Best Year Ever." They've included products that they feel will get you off to a great start this year.

Ojon Damage Reverse Instant Restorative Hair Serum

Full size - $25 : Sample - $1.03

I'm kind of excited to try this. I recently had 4 inches cut off my hair and it's much less frizzy now than it was, but there are still some times when it just needs a little something extra to help the frizz calm down. You can use this serum before heat styling to protect from the heat or alone to control frizz. Sounds good to me!

alessandro Nail Polish in Blue Lagoon

Full size - $12 : Sample - $6
I have been addicted to nail polish lately so this is a great addition to my collection. I know some people complain about getting sample sizes of nail polish, but for me it's perfect. I rarely (if ever) use a full sized bottle of nail polish until it's all gone. It gets clumpy and lumpy and generally not good long before the whole bottle is gone. With a smaller size I feel like I at least have a chance at finishing it. This blue is really pretty and it looks darker in person than it does in this picture.

theBalm cosmetics Put a Lid On It Eyelid Primer

Full size - $18 : Sample - $5.64
I currently use ELF eyelid primer and I'm almost out so this couldn't have come at a better time. I think the ELF primer is the only one I've really tried so far so it will be nice to have something to compare it to. I believe this is a new theBalm product debuting in 2013, so if you didn't get it in your Birchbox and you're excited to try it, keep an eye out for it at the store.

Harvey Prince Skinny Chic

Full size - $55 : Sample - $2.20
To me, this smells similar to Cool Water. The info card that Birchbox sent says it's a blend of Meyer lemon, white grapefruit and pink plumeria. However, the sample packaging says green apple, mint and amber and the Birchbox website says apple, mint and grapefruit. Apparently, just take your pick of fruits and there you go. Because I'm awful at describing scents that aren't obvious, like vanilla, I'll just tell you that I like it.

Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream

Full size - $42 : Sample - $3.36
I like face creams but I'm usually kind of wary of them causing breakouts. This one is supposed to improve elasticity and radiance, protect from free radicals and hydrate for 24 hours. What I may end up doing is using this more around my eyes where I have some issues with dark circles and fine lines. It sounds like it might be helpful around that area.

Box total: $18.23




What do you think of the new format for these posts? I can go back to the old ones if people prefer but I personally think this is easier to read and follow.

Do you get a Birchbox? What did you get in yours?

1 comment:

  1. I like your format, and you know what I got....so I wont clog up your comments (:

    ReplyDelete