With A Side of Jess: Bead/Pearl Bangle Bracelets - Project Pinspiration #3

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Bead/Pearl Bangle Bracelets - Project Pinspiration #3



I'm generally not a jewelry person but I'd like to be. I'd also like to not spend a billion dollars to start and build my collection so I thought these bracelets might be a cute way to start. They looked really easy so that was a big factor too.



My sister and I sat down one Sunday afternoon to make our own bracelets. I got the bangles at Hobby Lobby, but had some problems finding exactly what I was looking for. I couldn't find actual meant to be jewelry bangle bracelets so I ended up buying some macrame rings that looked like they would fit over my hand and around my wrist.



They were a pack of 6 for about $2.50


For the beads, I used some small pearl things I had a TON of here at home already. I just used hot glue and worked my way around the ring gluing and sticking the beads on.

We just used embroidery floss we had at home as well.

The instructions say to wrap about 2 or 3 times around between the beads, and I tried that with the pink one.


 While I think it turned out pretty well, I really like how the blue one came out better. I wrapped that one 4 times around between the beads.


 I think that part of it is because I like the blue color more, but I also think it looks more full and just generally looks better. I attribute this to the wrapping around 4 times since that's the only difference between the two.



So what do you think? Will you be trying these bracelets too? I'd love to see how yours turn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment