With A Side of Jess: Weight Loss Update - January 2013

Monday, January 21, 2013

Weight Loss Update - January 2013

If you've been keeping up with my weight loss updates, you'll notice that my ticker is going the wrong direction. Truthfully, I think part of that is due to the fact that I haven't been exercising. However, now that I've started my job, one of the homes I'll be working in is 3 stories so I'll be up and down and up and down and up and down again. While it might take a while for my body to register this as exercise, I think it will help. Also, I spend most of my 8 hour awake shifts on my feet at that house. I really hope this helps get the ticker moving in the right direction.

As far as eating goes, I have been eating quite a bit more fast food than I have in the past. At the same time, I haven't been eating a proper meal during my 8 hour awake shifts either. I think this may be confusing my body and causing it to want to hold on to any calories it gets after my shift. I'm no doctor or nutritionist, but I kind of think that may be the case.

Going into February I want to be more aware of what I'm eating and just move around more in general. I think it will be easier than in months past and I'm looking forward to the challenge.

Are you on a weight loss journey too? How is yours coming? Any tips or tricks you'd like to share?


No comments:

Post a Comment