With A Side of Jess: What's in my December 2012 Birchbox

Monday, December 24, 2012

What's in my December 2012 Birchbox

The theme of December's Birchbox is "All Wrapped Up" in honor of the holiday season. I was kind of hoping that because of the holidays this month, Birchbox would step up the game and give us some amazing things - more full sized products or at least more generous samples, etc. We'll see how it pans out.

If you want to hear/see my initial thoughts as I opened the box feel free to check out my YouTube channel.

Number 4 Clarifying Shampoo - Full size $32 for 250ml- Sample $6.66
I'm kind of excited to try this because I have really fine hair, but a lot of it. It seems that a lot of shampoos end up weighing it down after a few uses. Hopefully this might be a good every other shampoo type of thing or some sort of pattern to keep my hair from getting too weighed down and heavy.

La Fresh Eco-Beauty Oil-Free Face Cleanser - Full size $9.99 for 30 cloths - Sample $0.67
I have yet to find a face cloth/wipe that I like and can get all my makeup off. I've heard some good things about these and I'm excited to see if they work as well for me as I've heard they do for others. Usually the issue is with my face still feeling gross from still having makeup on it or oily from whatever residue the cloth has left behind.

Apothoderm Firming Serum - Full size $75 for 1oz. - Sample $11.25
As I'm getting older I find myself looking more and more for holy grail anti-aging products that can carry me through my 30s and into my later years. Though a bit pricy at $75 for a full sample, this looks promising. It apparently has a proprietary peptide duo that will firm and brighten skin. Sounds like win to me! Now we'll just have to see how it works on my skin.

Juicy Couture - Juicy Couture - Full size $90 for 3.4oz. - Sample $1.32
I've said this before and I'll say it again: Enough with the perfume samples Birchbox! My fragrance drawer in the bathroom cabinet is starting to become overrun with these tiny vials you insist on sending nearly monthly. While I do like discovering a good perfume every now and again, I might suggest sticking to 1 sample per quarter, perhaps something that may be a good scent for that season? Overall though, I'm not that into this particular scent. I liked the La Fleur version much better.

theBalm cosmetics Mary-Lou Manizer - Full size $24 for 8.5g by weight - Sample $2.82
This is an three-in-one highlighter, eye shadow and shimmer. It's really quite neat and I can't wait to try it out. I personally see myself using it as an eye shadow and/or highlighter most often. It should be a great alternative to the Stila highlighter I got last month.

Box total: $22.72


No comments:

Post a Comment