With A Side of Jess: 2012 Resolution Review

Thursday, December 27, 2012

2012 Resolution Review

If you want to read the whole post I wrote about my 2012 resolutions, you can read it here.

Basically I had 2 resolutions for this year:
1. Be a better blogger
2. Be a more organized crafter

So how did I do at keeping them? I'd honestly say I'm 50/50.

I have been a MUCH better blogger this year (in my opinion). While I haven't necessarily tried to have a new post every single day, I've tried to have an update or something to post at least once a week. There were many times when I was posting much, much more often than once a week. As far as my math skills can tell, I've managed to post enough to average a post every other day (weekends included even though I don't usually post on weekends). That's pretty darn good and I'm not sure how, or if, I can even top that in 2013. You'll have to check out January 1st's post to see what I resolve to do in 2013.

As far as being a more organized crafter, I kind of fail. My craft area is almost always in a state of disarray (aren't most craft areas?) and I still don't have enough storage or space for all my goodies. Every couple of months I'd clean everything up because I ended up in a crafting rut. Somehow cleaning up the space and looking at/touching all of my supplies is inspiring to me and I'd get a rush of creativity. Of course this meant that within a few days, sometimes hours, my craft area was once again a mess. It's a vicious cycle. Maybe I'll have to think about a similar resolution for 2013.

So how did you do this year? What did you resolve to do in 2012 and how well did you stick to it? Feel free to post links to your own blog posts about your 2012 resolutions and updates on whether or not you were able to keep them.

No comments:

Post a Comment