With A Side of Jess: Life Update - December 2012

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Life Update - December 2012

I've decided to make at least monthly life update posts so that everyone can kind of know what's going on in my life outside of things I post like Foodie Friday, reviews, Birchbox, etc. Since I plan to do them at least monthly, they'll be mostly updates on what's been going on since the last update. If something happens or I want to write more posts like this I will.

So we made it through Thanksgiving! It was a hectic day since my mom and aunt ate lunch with my grandma at the nursing home and we typically have our big meal for lunch. We had to shift things around to accommodate that and the in-laws who also changed their meal time this year. It meant I got to do more of the cooking on my own, which I LOVED. I really do love cooking big meals for lots of people, but really that only applies when I'm not necessarily expected to do so. If it's expected of me or I feel it's not appreciated, I'm not so fond of it.

Thanksgiving Dinner
In blog related things, I'm knee deep in products that need my attention in some way - tested/tried and reviewed mostly. I love being able to try products and share my opinions with others, but sometimes it gets a bit overwhelming when several things come at once. PLUS, I don't want this blog to be just about reviews and products like that so sometimes it's a bit difficult to find a balance so that I can get the information out in a timely manner while still having posts about other things on the blog.

Influenster Cosmo VoxBox awaiting reviews
Also competing for my time is my new job. I had one week of training and I'm now in week two of training. This is my last week of formally scheduled training and then I can get into some other aspects and learn about those. Due to the nature of my job - and all the HIPPA privacy stuff that goes along with it - I won't be mentioning it often. All you guys need to know is that even though I'll be working full time starting soonish, I will still make time for blogging and sharing. I may not be able to do it every day as I have been, but some sort of balance will settle out.

Christmas is almost here! *cue jingle bells and carolers* I have most of the shopping done for my side of the family and I'm VERY proud to say that I don't think I've yet spent a penny of my own cash to pay for any of it. I've done a great job at saving up points for gift cards and such and used those to pay for all the gifts! If you'd like to know more about the sites I use for this and the like let me know and I'll get to it!

I'm not sure much else has been going on in the last month or so, which I suppose is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment