With A Side of Jess: Christmas Cookies Week 3 - Chocolate Oatmeal No Bake Cookies - Foodie Friday

Friday, December 14, 2012

Christmas Cookies Week 3 - Chocolate Oatmeal No Bake Cookies - Foodie Friday


I know that these cookies don't photograph the best - but really, does it matter if they taste yummy??

These are yet another holiday staple cookie for my family. We have them nearly every year and this was the first year I made them by myself. By "myself" I mean without the help of my mom. This year I had the help of my husband. We only goofed on one thing, which wasn't really our fault.

The recipe, as originally written, called for the mixture to boil for 1 1/2 minutes. Apparently it needs to boil for 2 minutes. Our end product tastes just fine but they didn't really set up right, even after sitting in the fridge for a while. They're very soft and floppy, for lack of a better word. I've adjusted the recipe below to reflect a 2 minute boil time so hopefully your cookies won't be floppy.



Ingredients
2 c. sugar
1/2 c. milk
1 stick butter or margarine
2 1/2 c. quick cooking oatmeal
1 - 2 T. vanilla
1/2 c. peanut butter
3 - 4 T cocoa

Directions
  • Boil sugar, milk, butter and cocoa for 2 minutes - start timing after the mixture reaches a boil.
  • Remove from heat and add peanut butter, oatmeal and vanilla.
  • Stir until blended, then drop on wax paper by teaspoonfuls.
  • Coconut or dates may be added if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment