With A Side of Jess: November 2012 Hits and Misses - Beauty, Craft, Food and Lifestyle Favorites

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

November 2012 Hits and Misses - Beauty, Craft, Food and Lifestyle Favorites

I'm just going to skip the whole "I can't believe November is over" stuff and get straight to the good stuff. Hopefully you can find a few new products to add to your rotation too!


Hits
Beauty:
Boscia Soothing Cleansing Cream
I got this in a Birchbox a few months back, but didn't really start using it until this month. I've used it nearly every night to remove my makeup and I love it. It comes out as a creamy, somewhat thin lotion and quickly morphs into an oil of sorts once you apply it to your dry face as the directions indicate. However, I have to say that while the texture/slipperiness makes it seem like an oil, it does not leave a greasy feeling behind once you've rinsed it off. For me, it just leaves behind soft, smooth feeling skin. I typically follow this with either another use or I use another face cleanser to clean my face. This works great for removing my makeup before actually cleansing.

Jouer Lip Enhancer Conditioning Lip Treatment
I was really loving this lip treatment this month because it was so moisturizing. As the air got colder, my lips got more chapped and because I didn't catch it in time they ended up cracking in one spot. I put it on after I applied my facial moisturizer and by the time I got to doing my lips in my makeup routine, they were much softer.

Craft:
Christmas Stickers
These made putting many Christmas cards together a snap. I'm so glad I was able to snag them when they were $0.10 or $0.20 a couple days after Christmas last year. I think I was able to make 10 or so cards using just the stickers I found on these two sheets.

Food:
Potato Chip ChocoPod
This curious little thing showed up in my Birchbox this month and let me tell you, I loved it. I wasn't sure what to expect when I read that it was potato chips and sea salt all covered in milk chocolate. Actually, I expected it to be essentially a chocolate covered potato chip. I was partially right. While this wasn't a whole potato chip covered in chocolate, there were definitely potato chips in there. I would describe the texture as more of a crispy rice covered in chocolate ala Nestle Crunch. I couldn't really pick up on the saltiness, but maybe someone who doesn't have a cold would be able to. At any rate, I loved it and would love to try some of the other flavors they have too.


Thanksgiving Dinner
Who doesn't love a good Thanksgiving dinner? I mean, there's mashed potatoes, delicious turkey, cole slaw...the list really does go on. This year I had the pleasure of cooking most of our Thanksgiving dinner myself. Have I ever mentioned how much I love cooking big meals for lots of people? Well I do. All the food turned out wonderful - unfortunately I only got pictures of the main dish and side dishes, no desserts.

Lifestyle:
Uno
My sister and I have recently rediscovered this childhood favorite and we play it nearly every weekend. It's such a simple game, but yet it's a game of strategy, which makes it so much fun. We can play for literally HOURS and it doesn't matter who wins and who doesn't, it's just fun.

Misses
Beauty:
Herbal Essences Drama Clean Shampoo and Conditioner
I am by no means one who sticks to a specific shampoo/conditioner. I jump around amongst various brands and sometimes have to choose my shampoo/conditioner based on what's left at the store when I go shopping. That said, this month I ended up with this Drama Clean shampoo and conditioner from Herbal Essences. It's supposed to be refreshing and lightweight, leaving you with soft, manageable hair according to the bottles. Yeah right. I think this was entirely too lightweight for my hair and I ended up with a head full of tangles and snarls. I had to use quite a bit of stuff to detangle my hair and make it do anything but knot up. I will not be repurchasing this particular shampoo/conditioner.

Craft:
I didn't have any craft misses this month.

Food:
I didn't have any food misses this month.

Lifestyle:
Call of Duty Black Ops II
The latest COD came out this month and for at least a week - I kind of lost track - I was once again a video game widow. My husband would get home from work, take a shower and head upstairs to play until dinner was done. After dinner he disappeared again only to be heard - he's a loud, very loud, gamer - and not seen until bed time. Lather, rinse, repeat. I'm pretty sure this went on for at least a week, possibly longer.

Products mentioned in this post:

No comments:

Post a Comment