With A Side of Jess: Just 1 week left! - Birthday 2012

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Just 1 week left! - Birthday 2012

I hope you've all been thinking up some great RAK ideas - I know I have!

You may have already seen my last couple of posts asking for help with my birthday this year. If you have, you can just skip this post as it's pretty much just a reminder. If you haven't, keep reading to find out how you can help me celebrate my birthday this year.





A while ago while on Pinterest, I saw a pin with a link to this blog and this particular post about a woman who celebrated her 38th birthday with 38 (mostly) random acts of kindness. Simply put, this lady is amazing. I know there are others who have done similar things before and since her post, but hers was the one I found first. I was really taken back by the generosity of others and to be quite honest I was inspired to want to do this for my birthday this year (and really, what better way to celebrate a milestone birthday so many get sad about).

And now here is where you come in. I need your help to get to 60. 60? Yep, 60. I will be doing 30 myself and I'd like to have 30 more random acts done by others as well - not 30 each, just 1 or 2 if you're feeling so inclined.

So how will this work?

It should be very easy peasy to be honest and if it's not, you're trying too hard.

All I'm asking is that at some point during that weekend, you take a moment out of your day to randomly help someone who needs it. If you're really wanting to help a lot, you may want to have a "plan B" in case no opportunities present themselves randomly. If you want some ideas, a quick Internet search for "random acts of kindness" or even "birthday random acts of kindness" will give you plenty of ideas.

During that weekend, I will have a blog post up explaining all of this again. The post will also have something (I'm not sure exactly what yet) that will allow you to fill out a little form telling me about the random act(s) of kindness you did over the weekend (and maybe include a picture if I can figure it out). At some point during the following week I will have a post up sharing all of the wonderful things we were able to do for others during that weekend.

If you have any questions in the meantime, feel free to ask them here. Hope you're already getting ideas and I can't wait to see how you help others!

An update to the last post, which I mostly just copy and pasted here as a reminder: I have figured out a way to make a form for people to submit their RAKs for that weekend. It will be included in a blog post that will go up Friday, October 19 at 12:30 am EST (the time all my previously scheduled posts go up). You will be able to tell me about the RAKs you do that weekend using that form and I will compile them into a nifty blog post (maybe 2 if there are enough) to share with everyone the following week.

I'm so excited to hear about what everyone does to help someone else!

No comments:

Post a Comment