With A Side of Jess: Influenster got a makeover!

Friday, October 12, 2012

Influenster got a makeover!

If you aren't already a member, you're going to be jealous! Influenster, a community of trendsetters who love giving their thoughts and opinions on many different products, just got a makeover!

If you are a member, you may remember the old site - clunky, a bit hard to navigate and dark. The whole color scheme seemed a bit dark and moody and not necessarily in the alluring, I want to get to know you better sort of way. Now, the site is bright, cheery and inviting. It's amazing what switching a dark color for a lighter color can do in terms of cheeriness. In my opinion, it also gives the whole site a more professional feel. It looks polished and like something you really want to be part of.

In terms of navigation, the new site is great! It seems as though you can just click your way through easily identifiable links to get where you want to be. The only downside is that there doesn't seem to always be an easy way to get back to where you were once you've gotten somewhere.

Badges - what you can earn to show your expertise in an area - are easier to understand as well. There are clearly defined criteria you need to meet to earn each badge and it easily checks off the steps you've already completed. I love this! It makes keeping track of all my badges so much easier and I don't have to try to remember so much. "Did I write that blog post about xyz product yet?"...Just check my badge stuff and there it is, either checked or unchecked!

I'm also loving the new scores. It's a great way to be able to tell if what I'm doing is working. Am I being proactive enough? Getting the word out enough? My score will reflect how valuable the content I create is and give me some direction as to how effective things are.

So all in all, I'm loving the new, updated Influenster site. It's a lot more welcoming and easier to navigate. I also feel like there is more feedback from Influenster - in the form of scores - about whether or not the things I am doing are productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment