With A Side of Jess: Santa Fe Chicken Casserole - Foodie Friday

Friday, April 6, 2012

Santa Fe Chicken Casserole - Foodie Friday

I have to start out by saying how AMAZING this recipe is. To be honest, it really tasted so much better than I expected.


A while ago we had purchased some Santa Fe Blend Philadelphia Cooking Creme and I swear this recipe was on the back of the package. However, I didn't get around to using it before it expired and I wasn't sure how long it would be good past the sell by date, so I tossed it and purchased new. However, the recipe wasn't on the back of the new package! I had to do some digging, but finally found it here.

After reading through the directions, I decided that it wasn't going to be enough food to feed everyone given that my husband can eat a lot sometimes, especially if he really likes something. I doubled the recipe and assembled it in a rectangle cake pan instead of a round pan. It still worked out just fine and I'm actually thinking I like the rectangle pan better than I think I would like the round.

After I had all the filling mixed up (minus the Cooking Creme at this point), it looked like this. I felt like I could have eaten the filling just as is it looked so good.



I also tweaked the recipe in that when it was all baked, I sprinkled it with more chopped green onion instead of cilantro. I had leftover green onions from the recipe and didn't want to spend the extra money on cilantro I was only going to use for this. It worked out great.


 

I would totally make this recipe again and in fact I've already added it to my recipe box - though I still want to hand write it from the printed version I have. It was easy to put together and tasted delicious. The hardest part was cooking the chicken - and in reality that wasn't hard at all.

Have you tried this? Would you try it? Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment