With A Side of Jess: It's a Girl! - Mojo Monday 238

Saturday, April 28, 2012

It's a Girl! - Mojo Monday 238

 This week's Mojo Monday sketch looked like this:


 And this is what I did with it:


I knew when I sat down to work on this sketch that it would be a card for a friend who is having a baby soon. She already knows it's a girl. I thought this sketch would be great for a baby girl and I'll probably do the same sketch in blues for a friend who is having a boy in a few months.
I started with a regular A2 size card base because, well, that's all I really work with any more. I find the size to be just about right for most card giving occasions. It's not too large and it's not too small. There's just enough room to fit everything I want on it.


I decided that the glittered polka dots were just right for this card because they're festive and girly. What girl doesn't love glitter? (Wait, don't really answer that...) And since the card is more for the mom than the baby it's perfect.

I also chose a complimenting solid pink paper to use as alternating squares. I stamped a double heart of sorts on each solid square to give it a bit of pep and interest.


  The "It's a girl" detail is just a green scalloped circle with a white circle middle. I had really hoped I had a green that matched the polka dots more closely, but this works just fine. As for the "Congrats" tag sticking off to the side, I debated if I wanted to stamp something or hand write it. Generally speaking I hate how my handwriting turns out when I want it to look nice, but I took the chance anyhow. I didn't really have a stamp that I thought would work.

 

This whole card was very easy to make and really the hardest part was choosing the papers. I think it's a great layout and can be adapted over and over again for many occasions and used with an endless amount of varying papers.


Products used in this project:


Solid pink from Recollections Butterfly Wings paper pack
Green from Paper Company Primary paper pack
Card base from Paper Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment