With A Side of Jess: Revlon Lip Butter Review - Peach Parfait, Creme Brulee, Berry Smoothie

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Revlon Lip Butter Review - Peach Parfait, Creme Brulee, Berry Smoothie

I know I'm fairly late to the game, but my local Meijer was just running a 40% off sale on Revlon products so I decided to take the plunge and get a few of the Lip Butters.

I've been watching a lot of videos on YouTube and reading a lot of the reviews of them and decided I had to have one (or some!). I picked up 3 colors: Berry Smoothie, Peach Parfait and Creme Brulee. Below you'll find an overall review of the Lip Butter line based on the 3 I own as well as individual color reviews.

Overall:

I think these are great, moisturizing lip products. To me, they are meant to be more of a lip gloss or shiny lip stain as opposed to a lip stick. I say this because the overall staying power is fairly low. I'd say 3 hours tops if you're not licking your lips, eating, drinking or talking too much. Once you eat or drink, you'll need to reapply. However, at least on my lips, some of the deeper colors leave behind a stain which helps keep a little color on my lips even though the gloss and glitter is gone.

The one real negative I have, aside from the low staying power, for all of the Lip Butters is the glitter. I LOVE glitter...when I'm crafting  or painting my nails. I am not so fond of glitter on my lips/eyes/face. When I'm wearing the Lip Butters, I don't find the glitter that noticeable. However, once the product had worn off, I found quite a bit of glitter had wandered off my mouth. I even had it clear up by my nose. This wouldn't necessarily be a problem if it wiped away as easily as it had wandered up there, but some of the pieces were quite stubborn - as glitter usually is.

Peach Parfait: 

This is probably my second favorite color. To me, and on me, it's almost a really light berry color as opposed to a more peachy color like the name suggests. I think this is probably due to the pinkness of my natural lip color. It was also not as bad of a loose glitter offender. When the glossy part had worn off, it left a lightly pinky color behind.


Creme Brulee:

This was my least favorite out of the 3 colors I have. I got it because a lot of the reviews I had seen raved about it as a great nude color, and I lack in those. I hate it. When I apply it to my lips, it makes them blend into my skin tone so well that I look dead - or at least my lips do. Since it has had such great reviews from others and I've seen it on others and it looks great, I'm guessing I just have a skin tone that's a little too close to the actual color to pull it off. It does have quite a bit of color for being a nude, it's just that the shade is too similar to my skin. For the record, I'm 003 - Shell in


Berry Smoothie:
This is my favorite of the 3 colors I have. I love the color and it's not too bright/dark/harsh for my skin tone. I also love that once the shine has worn off, it leaves my lips tinted a dark pink. If I didn't want to reapply this particular color, I could just swipe over a clear gloss and still have a decent looking lip. The biggest downside to Berry smoothie is that it's quite possibly the biggest glitter offender. It's almost without fail that every time it's worn off and I'm reapplying new, I look in the mirror and find glitter up to my nose. And by "up to my nose" I mean more than just on my upper lip. I've seen it clear up to the sides of my nostrils and climbing up to the bridge of my nose. However, this is not enough to make me not want to wear it. As I said in the beginning, this is my favorite so far.


Have you tried the Lip Butters? What colors do you have? Favorite? Least favorite?

Disclaimer:
I am not affiliated with Revlon, nor was I compensated for or asked to do this blog post. All items mentioned were purchased with my own money and all thoughts/opinions are 100% my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment