With A Side of Jess: You are the best - Mojo Monday 222

Monday, January 2, 2012

You are the best - Mojo Monday 222

This week's Mojo Monday challenge sketch looks like this:


And this is what I did with it:

Card available for purchase by clicking the picture above
I started with a regular A2 sized white card base. Last week I got a random mix of papers from Hobby Lobby and I really wanted to use the Vintage Rose patterned paper from The Paper Studio for something. I thought this might be the perfect project.

I decided I would pull colors from the roses to compliment them and decided on a textured red paper, a suede looking brown paper and regular green and cream paper.


While I cut a whole circle to use for this, I ended up cutting the circle in half because the size I had cut was sticking out from other parts of the card and making it look funny. I also inked the edges with red ink to make it stand out just a little bit more. The ink darkened the edges just enough to give it some definition.


For the red flower, I cut two flowers from red vellum. One is at 1 inch and the other at 3/4 inch. When I glued it to the sentiment part of the card, the liquid glue I used made the paper start to curl. At first I was a bit upset but then I realized it made it look more dimensional and gave it an extra pop.

For the sentiment, I chose a stamp I had from Stuido G and just used black ink. I also made dashed lines with a thin black marker all the way around the rectangle.


I added 3 clear, acrylic rhinestones to the top left corner to finish things up.


2 comments:

  1. Great color combo...I would love for you to link up with my new card making meme, 52 Card Pickup here...http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/01/52-card-pickup-week-1.html!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Love your little flower accent. Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete