With A Side of Jess: Shutterfly Savings PSA - Great Valentine's gift idea!

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Shutterfly Savings PSA - Great Valentine's gift idea!

Since this wasn't a planned blog post, I'm not counting it toward the blog hop even though it's Valentine's Day related. I'll just call it a savings PSA.

Hubby if you're reading this, now is the time to stop.

I'm sure that some (if not many) of you have seen this idea floating around Pinterest:




I personally thought it was a great idea - hence why I repinned it! - and want to do it as a gift for my husband for our 1 year anniversary in April (this would also be an amazing idea for Valentine's Day!). Yes I have a few decks of cards laying around the house, but I kind of wanted to do something a bit more special.

I was super excited when I got an email from Shutterfly. It was one of those "click to see which % off you get" kind. I clicked and got 25% off! Score! PLUS I had a card for a $10 credit from a few months ago. My husband and I get our hair cut at First Choice and they were running a deal where you got a code for a $10 credit when you got your hair cut. The catch being it didn't apply to shipping and tax and you had to spend $10+ to use it.

So anyhow, they had personalized playing cards (you choose 1 image to use as the backs) for 51% off, making them $9.80 before shipping. Crap! I needed at least $10 to use my credit. So I added a couple of 4x6 prints to bring the total over $10.

When I went to check out I realized that I couldn't use the 25% off AND my $10 credit so I had to drop the % off code. It still ended up being a bit pricy since I had to pay $8something in shipping and tax, but I still saved $10! So yay me!

The original idea uses the backs of the cards to decorate and write things on but since my cards will have a snazzy picture of the 2 of us, I'll be covering up the number/suit part of the cards with reasons I love him/things I loved about our first year together.

No comments:

Post a Comment