With A Side of Jess: Chocolate Chip Waffles - Foodie Friday

Friday, January 27, 2012

Chocolate Chip Waffles - Foodie Friday

All week I was thinking about what today's Foodie Friday post should be about and all week I came up with nothing. I wasn't cooking anything exciting for dinner. I hadn't seen a recipe that I was over the top to try. I had nothing.

Then, I remembered that my husband had been bugging me to make chocolate chip waffles for a while. I decided I would make some this morning and document how I make them so you could make them too.


I use pancake/waffle mix for my waffles. As much as I love cooking I've just never had a need or want to make the mix from scratch (I see another Foodie Friday post for another day though). Follow the package directions for waffle mix. This will differ from the instructions for pancakes.

My mix calls for 2 cups of mix, 1/3 cup cooking oil and 1 1/2 cups water. To make these chocolate chip waffles I add 1/2 to 1 whole bag of milk chocolate chips. This makes 8 pancakes in my waffle maker. Yours may make more or less depending on what size waffles it makes.






The directions on my mix say to let the batter sit for 5 minutes. This is a good time to preheat your waffle maker.




Be sure to read the directions for your particular waffle maker on how long you need to preheat it and whether or not you need to use non-stick cooking spray.

Once the waffle maker is heated up and the waffle batter has rested for at least 5 minutes, you can start putting the batter in. Mine used about 1/3 cup per waffle.



You'll need to read your directions on both your waffle/pancake mix and your maker to see how long you need to cook them for. Mine cook for about 5 minutes.


Carefully remove them with a plastic spatula (and sometimes I use a fork if I'm having a lot of difficulty prying them up). Just be sure you don't scratch your waffle maker with whatever you use.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment