With A Side of Jess: Blue Love - Mojo Monday 223

Friday, January 13, 2012

Blue Love - Mojo Monday 223

This week's Mojo Monday was a bit of a challenge for me. You see, I just cleaned my crafting area at the beginning of the week and I found a bunch of stuff I'd forgotten I even owned. This was quite overwhelming and while I had been wanting a few more choices for various things, I found quite a few more choices than I needed.

At any rate, this was the sketch for this week:


And this is what I came up with:

(Click the picture above to purchase it from Etsy)

The blue background paper has an image stamped on it in blue. It's hard to see in the pictures and truthfully you can only see it a little bit better in person. I wish I had chosen a slightly darker or lighter shade of ink since it matches the paper a little too perfectly.

As I was thumbing through some paper pads trying to find a good accenting pattern, I came across this lovely pattern. I liked that the lighter blue was close to the other light blues I had already chosen and the brightness of the other colors gave it just a bit of pop.


"Love" is stamped using one of the new stamps I got from Michael's dollar bins. I liked the romantic feeling to the stamp and think it's perfect for this color scheme. I used silly scissors (I always forget what they're really called) to do a decorative edge at the bottom of the cream paper.


The hearts were cut from my Cricut using the Sweethearts cartridge. I added some glitter glue to add a bit of sparkle.






The whole card came together relatively easy and quickly once I was able to decide exactly what I wanted to do with it. Sometimes too many choices are just as bad as not enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment