With A Side of Jess: March 2013 Favorites - Beauty, Craft, Food and Lifestyle

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

March 2013 Favorites - Beauty, Craft, Food and Lifestyle

[Insert quips about the month going too fast, the year flying by, etc.]

This month when I was walking around my house trying to remember all the things I had been using and loving in March, I realized I need a better system. Maybe I'll start a list somewhere when I have that "I need to share this in my monthly favorites" thought and add to it as the month goes on. I have no idea, but something has to be better than just wandering around the house looking for things.


Beauty

Homemade Lip Gloss/Balm

I got this as part of a Christmas stocking from my bosses at work and I've been loving it ever since. I have no idea what they made it out of, but it works great when my lips are super chapped. Over the last month or so I've been having quite a bit of dental work - which is what happens when you don't go to the dentist for a few years - and that has been really drying out my lips. If I put this on right after I'm done at the dentist, my lips don't get gross and peely or flaky.


Almay Truly Lasting Color 16 Hour Makeup - Buff 140

I got this when there was a 40% off sale at Rite Aid AND I had a coupon for something like $5 off 2 Almay products. I really like this foundation. I had been having problems with other foundations either breaking me out or oxidizing really badly on my skin, but I haven't had either problem at all with this foundation. It matches my skin really well and really does last all day. I was really surprised at how much makeup I was washing off my face at the end of the day.

Revlon PhotoReady Compact Makeup - 350 Rich Ginger

I'm sure you already know that this shade is extremely dark for my skin. I got it on clearance at Kmart for less than $2 so I couldn't pass it up. I've been using it as a bronzer and eyeshadow and it works great. When I use it as eye shadow, I use it as a base and then use a light application of my regular brown eyeshadow to set it. The first time I tried using it as an eyeshadow I made the mistake of not setting it and it creased and slid around on my lids something awful.

COVERGIRL Lip Perfection Jumbo Gloss Balm - Ballet Twist

After I cleaned all the lippies out of my purse, this was the one I put back in. It's a great nude color that goes with any look and even looks great without any other makeup on. It's been my go-to lip product this month.

Bath & Body Works Forever Red

I received this perfume from Influenster a few months ago (read the post here) and it took me a while to really get into it. Now that I've decided I love it, I was wearing it a lot in March. I figure March will be the last month I can get away with this type of scent because it really reminds me of a cold weather scent.

theBalm Put a Lid on it

I had somehow misplaced my ELF eyelid primer for most of the month - it showed up again last week so no worries - and decided to give this sample I received in my Birchbox a try. I really love it! It makes my eyeshadow last all day without creasing, which is great! I'm not sure I would splurge for a full size when I can get ELF's primer for $1, but it's great for now.

Craft


Food

Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs

It really wouldn't be Easter without these babies. They're my FAVORITE Easter candy. Surprisingly I only bought one package of these and I didn't even eat all of them myself!

International Delight York Coffee Creamer Singles

I'm not really a coffee drinker, but I like a cup every now and then. I always need flavored creamer when I have it though. These little creamer singles are so handy. Because our coffee mugs are bigger than just one cup of coffee, I end up needing to use two of these.

Lifestyle

New Shoes

I got these shoes at Kmart for less than $10. They're actually really comfortable and I love the bright blue with the black. I had really wanted the pair with pink but they didn't have my size.

What were you loving in March?

No comments:

Post a Comment