With A Side of Jess: What's in my April 2013 Birchbox

Thursday, April 18, 2013

What's in my April 2013 Birchbox

This month Birchbox partnered with Women's Health magazine and the theme is "Tiny tweaks, big results" and focuses on small things you can do/use to get big results.

Simple Revitalizing Eye Roll-On

Full size - $10.99 : This is full sized



I'm probably most excited about this product this month. Not only is it full sized, but I'm hoping it actually works and does what it says it will! With some of the hours I work I often find myself looking less than awake. Here's to hoping this will help!

Kiehl's Powerful Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate

Full size - $58 : Sample - $5.80

Apparently Birchbox thinks I've got a problem with my eyes. Honestly though, I've got so many samples (ok maybe just 3 or so) of eye creams and other lotions and potions that promise to make things look better that I need to use up some of those before opening something new. Hopefully it works great once I get to it though.

Supergoop! Daily Correct SPF 35 CC Cream

Full size - $32 : Sample - $6.40

This one is going into my "not going to use it" bin. I generally find things that are shade specific, even if the only shades the product comes in are light, medium and dark, just aren't the right color for my skin. I swatched this on my hand and felt that even after the "self-adjusting" to match my skin happened, it still had a slight orange tint to it.

Malin+ Goetz Bergamot Body Wash

Full size - $18 : Sample - $2.25

I really like the smell of this body wash and the size would be great for traveling. This is going into my "next time I take a trip" bin. Or I might use it up next time I run out of body wash because I think I've got a spare but mistook the shampoo for body wash type of situation.

Nexxus Youth Renewal Rejuvinating Elixir

Full size - $20.99 : Sample - $3

I'm not sure exactly which 8 signs of aging hair this will help combat, but I'm guessing it won't help with gray hair - my biggest aging hair sign. That said, I'm always looking for great options to keep my hair looking healthy. I do heat style it every now and again and when doing so I do use a heat tamer spray. However, that doesn't do me any good when I'm not heat styling and just going about a normal day. I'm hoping this will help with that day to day stuff.

Women's Health One-Year Subscription

Regular price: $9.99 - Free sample

This is a card for a free one-year subscription to Women's Health Magazine. Also on the card is stated that if you don't want the free subscription to return the card along with your original Birchbox purchase receipt (this should have been emailed to you or you might be able to get it from the website, not sure) and you will be refunded $9.99. That means that you will have just paid $0.01 for this box if you opt out of the subscription. Of course, if you do nothing with the card you don't get the subscription or the refund.

Box total: $38.43


No comments:

Post a Comment