With A Side of Jess: April 2013 Ipsy/Glam Bag

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

April 2013 Ipsy/Glam Bag

The theme for this month's Ipsy/Glam Bag is Pretty in Pink. As you can see from the picture above, most of the products have some pink tone to them to fit the theme. Even the bag has a pink stripe across the top.

For the purposes of these posts, starting now and going forward, I'm going to add an extra $1 to the total value of the bag to account for the bag itself having some value. Because it's hard to put a different price on each bag, because some would cost more in stores, are made from different materials, etc., I'm going to assume that each bag could be bought at a dollar store. That's how I came up with adding $1.


Sation Nail Lacquer in Love at First Byte

Full size - $5 : This is full sized

The website describes this polish as a nude something or other. I feel like it's more of a creamsicle color, a pastel coral of sorts. It's got an orange tint as far as my eyes can tell. It looks like a great color for spring and going into the summer. I can't wait to try it out soon.

Big Sexy Hair Powder Play

Full size - $15.95 : Sample - $2.11

I've only ever used dry shampoo as a volumizer for my fine hair so I'm really excited to try this stuff. My hair could almost always use a little lift or boost and I'm hoping this will do the trick!

Two Cosmetics Eyeshadow Duo in Heartache

Full size - $5.75 : This is full sized

I'm a little leery of pink shadows, but I think that's because I don't know how to do it properly. It seems to me that having pinks around my eyes just makes it look like I got punched in the eye. I'll probably play around with this a while and then give it to my sister if it doesn't work out for me. She tends to gravitate toward brighter colors where I tend to wear more neutrals.

Be a Bombshell Blush in Sweet Cheeks

Full size - $16 : This is full sized

I'm a little scared of this blush. It looks a lot brighter than most blushes I pick, and it's pink. I almost always use a more peachy blush. It does look pretty light though when I swatch it so we'll have to see.

Bag total: $29.86


No comments:

Post a Comment