With A Side of Jess: Beaded Bobby Pins - Project Pinspiration #8

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Beaded Bobby Pins - Project Pinspiration #8

Sorry, this is another super long pin picture.


And here's how mine turned out:


If you look close enough, you can tell I didn't exactly follow the directions picture on the pin. If I make any more, I might try it their way to see which way I like better and/or is easier.

You may recognize these beads from another Project Pinspiration idea. I knew I'd get a lot of use out of that one baggie of beads! You can also see better that I used a super thin wire to wrap my beads instead of the thread they used in the original idea.

Overall, it was pretty easy to make these. I just started at the top and wrapped the wire a few times before I started adding the beads. I found that for the size of my beads, I just needed to thread 3 on before wrapping the wire around to the back side. Add another 3 beads, wrap, repeat, all the way to the end. When I got to the part where the bobby pin bends up a bit I just wrapped the wire tightly a couple of times and made sure I snipped it as close to the base as I could.

I ended up giving these to my sister as an early birthday present because I didn't want to wait until near the end of May to share this post. She loved them!

5 comments:

  1. I love using bobby pins in my hair; they're about the only thing that will hold it up, as straight and thick as it is. These are so pretty! Thanks so much for linking up to Inspire Me Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have pretty fine hair, but a lot of it. I found that when I tried these out to see if they would even be comfortable to wear - I thought the beads might snag and pull - the added texture from the beads and wrapped wire actually helped it stay in place better!

      Delete
  2. Im going to craft some of these up this weekend. I'll let you know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you have done with this! Cannot wait to see what else you share, Jessica!! :)

    ReplyDelete