With A Side of Jess: Maid-Rite - Foodie Friday

Friday, August 26, 2011

Maid-Rite - Foodie Friday

Some of you may have seen the sneak peek of today's post on Monday's post about my little trip to see a friend. For those of you who missed it, here's the peek again:


You're probably wondering that the delicious bit of squishy goodness is, and with good reason! I'd never heard of the thing either!

Apparently in some parts of the country, loose meat sandwiches are amazing. Being from northwestern Ohio, the only time I had heard of a loose meat sandwich (aside from a regular old Sloppy Joe) was on Rosanne. Yep you read that right, Rosanne. I vaguely remember that they opened up a restaurant, "The Lunchbox" I think it was called, and they served loose meat sandwiches there.

That my friends brings me to this little gem of a place in Greenville, Ohio:



That's right. Maid-Rite. That little bit of meaty goodness is a Cheese-Rite to be clear and I got it with one of the most fantastic vanilla milkshakes I have ever hard.


It's this most amazing cross between a hamburger and a Sloppy Joe. In fact, it tastes pretty much like a Sloppy Joe without the tomato base AND you can get it with cheese, onions and pickles.

Being the foodie that I am, and considering my addictive personality, I've decided that one day, some day soon, I will make a knock-off Maid-Rite to share with my friends and family "up north." Putting my Google-fu skills to the test, I found this recipe and I think I'll try it out some time taking into consideration the tweaks suggested in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment