With A Side of Jess: Manic Monday

Monday, August 22, 2011

Manic Monday

I had one of the most amazing weekends I have had in a while. What made it so amazing you might wonder. The answer is simple: my sister and I went to visit one of my very best friends!

(L to R: Kelley, Andrea, myself)

I hadn't seen Kelley since she was a bridesmaid in my wedding in April. She is truly one of the best friends someone would ask for. She was one of the first people I told about my engagement (outside of family of course) and the one I always call when I just need someone to talk to.

This was also my first visit to her house and since my sister and I had never been to her area, she gave us the grand tour and we played a little game of "Around the World."

Our first stop was Egypt:


All in all, it was much smaller than expected (Ok I'm totally exaggerating and I knew it was going to be a tiny town), and I'm glad I didn't sneeze and miss it.

Next it was on to Minster (which I've been told is in Germany? I haven't looked it up so we'll go with it):


Went went down the road (quite literally) to Russia:



And then stopped in Houston:



We also made a little time to have some fun with bronze statues:


By then we were completely exhausted and stopped for a little lunch (and you get a sneak peek of this week's Foodie Friday):


We got to see our very first cattle show/judging thing at the fair:


Our feet got absolutely filthy. Someone mine managed to stay the most clean:



To really end the tour, we took a quick (really did a U-turn) in Indiana just to say we'd also been in 2 states:


So THAT was how I spent my weekend. How did you spend yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment