With A Side of Jess: Why I should someday have a girl

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Why I should someday have a girl

It seems that a lot of my pins on Pinterest (leave a comment with your e-mail if you'd like an invite) are related to kids and food. Since I spend a lot of time talking about food on Fridays, it stands to reason that I should talk about kids today.


I'm pretty sure that one day I need to have a girl. First, DH's side of the family has entirely too many boys in the grandchildren category (though only 1 of DH's 8 siblings is a boy). Second, there are way too many cute ideas for things I could make to decorate a girl's room.

I think this table has pretty much started an obsession over all things frilly and pink. Those who know me are probably already aware that I'm not much of a girly girl. However, when it comes to little girl things, I'm all over it. I think this could be a great side table in a nursery or young girl's bedroom.



I feel like this lamp, or something similar, would look insanely adorable on the table above. It's still frilly without being the same kind of frilly and thus overkill.

Source: None via Jessica on Pinterest


Of course a few of these would look nice hanging in a corner, or even just sitting on the floor. It wouldn't be a problem for play since it's just tulle. Would be a fun decoration.

Source: etsy.com via Jessica on Pinterest


I think that something like this could be a cute nightlight of sorts. The image could be something girly/baby/kiddy and would look adorable.



So there you have it. I should totally have a girl some day. Too bad 1) I'm not pregnant (yet?) and 2) whether or not any future child is a girl is not up to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment