With A Side of Jess: June 24th - It wasn't all bad

Saturday, June 25, 2011

June 24th - It wasn't all bad

I know I usually don't post on Saturdays, but there's a first time for everything. I got up around 9:30 after falling asleep somewhere after 3. I.am.tried. Ick.


Yesterday would have been Adrian's 3rd birthday. January and June are usually rough months. Yesterday wasn't as bad for me as I expected as long as I kept away from Facebook and everyone else's "Happy Birthday" and "I miss you" posts and pictures. I understand that I usually do the same thing, but I kind of feel like it's different. Not that my grief is necessarily worse or more important or anything, just that it's different.

This year I didn't post anything like that and I think it's mostly because I wanted to keep my grief private. DH & I have had so many losses over the 3+ years we've been together and we've been through so much, some of which was very open and raw and some of which was more private. I guess this year I felt like my grief should be private.

But there was some good in the day.

Our town is having their annual festival this weekend so we went up to the street dance/beer tent and of course had to eat some fried food. This is also the first year we've had fireworks in a very long time. The beer tent didn't last long because DH didn't feel like spending $2 on a beer, so we got fries and cheese on a stick (soooo good and you must try!) and wandered around a bit and talked to his friends until time for fireworks. After fireworks I was pretty ready to come home.

Just a note, do not wear flip flops if you might be walking over big rocks/stones. They will hurt your feet!

No comments:

Post a Comment