With A Side of Jess: Manic Monday

Monday, June 6, 2011

Manic Monday

It's been a while since I've had a real "Monday," but today was definitely it. Ugh!



There was apparently a fire at the factory my husband works at in the middle of the night. He works at a plastics factory. It was contained to some pallets outside the building and no one/nothing other than those pallets were damaged or hurt. That's good news, about no one getting hurt at least. The fire happened around 1 am and they sent third shift home, but things were business as usual for first shift. My husband works second shift so things were probably even more business as usual by the time he got there.

THEN my mom's doctor called and said they found something off on a test she had done a few weeks ago. Initially they had told her things were all ok, but I guess a second look said otherwise. Now she will have to see a heart doctor soon. I get that my parents are a bit older, my mom was about my age now when I was born and my dad was at least 29 or 30 (I'm 28 by the way). That puts both of them pushing their way toward 60 so I understand that more and more health issues are going to be popping up, but I'm not ready for it yet! I, thankfully, still have one grandma still around and I feel like it's still too early to be dealing with health issues with my own mom. Things could be worse for sure and I am thankful for the fact that they are not.

And then? It's hot. It's too hot for early June. This feels like early to mid July to me. I do not like it. I do not like green eggs and ham. Ick! Thankfully our air conditioners are fully functioning and all is cool and calm as long as I stay inside.

How's the weather where you're at?

No comments:

Post a Comment