With A Side of Jess: TGIF!

Friday, May 27, 2011

TGIF!

This has been an insane week. It's been a long time since I have been so happy for a weekend. My husband started a new job on Tuesday and he's working second shift. Since he doesn't have his driver's license, I drive him to work in the afternoon and pick him up at night.



Normally I don't think this would be a problem except that, like his inability/dislike to get up too early, I have an inability/dislike to staying up too late. My prime time for starting to wind down and get ready for bed is 10. I now leave to pick him up at 10:30. Can you see the problem?

By the time we get home it's between 11:15 & 11:30. Of course I want to spend time with my husband and see how his day went, etc., so by the time we're done talking and I'm ready to lay down and start trying to sleep, it's at least midnight. Ick! I'm a first shifter for sure and I show it by being up at the butt crack of dawn the next morning regardless of when I went to bed the night before.

This dreary weather isn't helping either. I'm pretty confident that a little bit of sun would do a lot for making me want to actually stay up instead of climbing back into bed. I've decided that I either need to learn how to nap during the day, sleep in in the morning or both.

Any tips for dealing with a sleep schedule adjustment?

No comments:

Post a Comment