With A Side of Jess: Rapture Re-Do

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Rapture Re-Do

So I try not to get caught up in all of the things surrounding the "The world is ending on xxDATExx" talk that inevitably pops up every few months or years or so, but it was kind of hard for me to not acknowledge this time around.

Without getting into the specifics of religion and whatnot, I'm just simply going to say that I don't truly believe any human here on Earth will ever be able to accurately predict the end, except by possible fluke.



It was pretty hard not to notice all of the billboards (yes, we even had one here in rural Northwest Ohio) and talk on TV, but when 6 pm came and went on Saturday, life was pretty much the same as it had been at 6 pm the Saturday before. However, now I am REALLY (insert sarcasm font) taking notice of all of this talk and will continue to follow it quite closely (still have the sarcasm font on).

Why will I actually be following it closely now? Well you see, I'll be in the ultimate, most prime position for the rest of whatever afterlife awaits.

My birthday is October 21st and I will be turning 29 this year. Harold Camping is now predicting that the world will come to an end on October 21st this year. Should this prediction be true (half of sarcasm font still on), I shall have every (ok most) woman's dream. I will forever, truly, be 29, thus beating the aging system!

(Sarcasm font off)

I should totally have some sort of rapture themed birthday party this year...Maybe my sister will help me plan...Ideas? Suggestions? This thing might take a while to plan so I'm all ears from now until mid-September.

Also, here is the Yahoo article if you're interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment