With A Side of Jess: Bloggy Con or Bust!: What I'll be Wearing

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Bloggy Con or Bust!: What I'll be Wearing

As I'm sure you know if you follow me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, tomorrow I'll be heading over to Cedar Point for Bloggy Con! I am so beyond excited to meet up with some of the people I've been talking to on Twitter for a while, as well as those whose blogs I've been following! I decided that I would need to pick outfits in advance because let's face it, my last minute packing skills are less than acceptable and I almost always forget something - sometimes many something.

The conference is 3 days long, beginning on Friday night with a meet and greet dinner. Saturday and Sunday are full of sessions where we'll learn all sorts of exciting things. The weather is supposed to be cooler this weekend - in the 60s and 70s after having been near 100 earlier this week! Welcome to Ohio in the fall! So that said, all outfits will also have the option of being worn with a charcoal gray cardi, not pictured. Also, most of the accessories are not pictured.


For Friday's meet and greet dinner I've chosen a sparkly black top with a lacy red tank top underneath and jeans. The top isn't sequined as you might imagine, but rather it has faceted black gems/rhinestones/I'm not sure what to call them all over the front. The back is plain. The jeans are subject to change as I think I might want a darker wash - though really, the lighting washes these out more than they are. This outfit will be paired with some black flats I have.

This outfit is for Saturday's sessions. It will be paired with the charcoal gray cardi because I think Saturday is supposed to be really cool. I was kind of worried I might look a bit too much like a bee in this, but I'm going with it. I almost always say I'm not into bright colors and then I come home with stuff like this and realize that maybe I kind of am into cheery colors. This outfit will also have black flats with it.

The hotel closes at noon on Sunday so I knew I had to choose an outfit that I would be comfortable in if we decided to stay too long at the park after all the conference stuff was done. I'm still debating if I will pair this with my brown riding boots or just my tennis shoes. I don't want to have to run to the car after everything just to change shoes and I don't really want to lug around a pair of shoes all day either.

In addition to these outfits, I'll be taking along a few extra tops in case I change my mind about something, get something dirty or just need something different for another event or something. I'll also be taking along another pair or two of pants for the same reason.

As for shoes, I'll be taking my tennis shoes for walking around the park, black flats and my riding boots. I think those shoe choices will allow me to dress up or down any of the outfits so even if I choose to stay in the same outfit, the tone of it can change.

I've got a few bracelets and a necklace that I'll also be taking with me so I can change up the details while keeping the overall outfit the same if I need to.

Are you going to Bloggy Con? What will you be wearing?

No comments:

Post a Comment