With A Side of Jess: Day 4: Legacy - Capture Your Grief - Pregnancy/Infant Loss Awareness Month

Friday, October 4, 2013

Day 4: Legacy - Capture Your Grief - Pregnancy/Infant Loss Awareness Month


I know what a legacy is but I had to look up the actual definition to be sure I understood it correctly and also so I could think about how it relates to my miscarriages and the babies I lost. Truth is, I'm not sure how it applies.

I find legacy to mean that what is left after someone is gone - what they are most remembered for. Based on that definition, and because of the circumstances, I would have to say that they have left behind pain - both emotional and physical - but at the same time there is hope.

So I guess there I have it. The legacy my babies have left behind is hope. Hope for the future, that some day I will have children, and also that some day I will get to meet them.

No comments:

Post a Comment