With A Side of Jess: Bubble Pizza - Foodie Friday - Project Pinspiration #10

Friday, October 11, 2013

Bubble Pizza - Foodie Friday - Project Pinspiration #10


A little while ago I stayed at a friend's house overnight. It was a slumber party of sorts with her and her children. This bubble pizza sounded like a great, kid friendly meal that we could easily cook for dinner. It also helped tat she had all the ingredients on hand already.

Here's how our version turned out:

If you're paying attention there are some obvious differences between the example and how ours turned out. We ended up needing to make a few substitutions. We used a mix of mozzarella and some other shredded cheese blend (Colby-Jack or Mexican blend or something with a yellow cheese). We also used biscuits from a mix rather than your typical refrigerated biscuits that come out of a tube.

I would totally make this again, with a few changes. I would use more sauce - we used what we had available but it wasn't enough - as the biscuits seem to soak up quite a bit of the sauce. It was a bit dry and I think that would help. I think we were pretty spot on for the amount of pizza and I think it tasted fine being a mix of cheeses. I would also branch out and use more toppings - peppers, onions, mushrooms, etc.

Have you tried bubble pizza? What did you put on yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment