With A Side of Jess: Day 22: Words - Capture Your Grief - Pregnancy/Infant Loss Awareness Month

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Day 22: Words - Capture Your Grief - Pregnancy/Infant Loss Awareness Month


An angel in the book of life
wrote down my baby's birth,
And whispered as she closed the book
"Too beautiful for Earth."

Of all the quotes and poems I've read over the years, this one speaks to me the most. I started to write that I wasn't sure what it was exactly about this particular poem that spoke to me the most, but then I thought I do know.

According to the poem, my babies mattered. They counted for something. Their names (though they really didn't have names) are recorded somewhere and because of that they existed. None of my babies were born in any traditional sense, but I like to think that they were all born. Unfortunately they were born into Heaven and not Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment