With A Side of Jess: June 2013 Ipsy/Glam Bag

Friday, June 14, 2013

June 2013 Ipsy/Glam Bag

The theme of this month's bag is "On the wild side." You can see from the bag itself that they're maybe trying to get us out of our comfort zone a bit on this one. For me, they succeeded!

I know that usually my Ipsy and Birchbox posts come close together each month, however there will not be a Birchbox post this month, or any month in the foreseeable future. I have cancelled my Birchbox subscription. If you'd like to know why or have me to a comparison of the two services, I'd be glad to do so, just let me know!


Starlooks Lip Pencil in Bare

Full size - $12 : Sample is full size

I was kind of hoping this would be a twist up lip pencil but it's the kind you need a sharpener for. Since I currently use the only sharpener I have for eye products, I'll have to get another for lip products. That's ok though. I kind of like this color and think it would look good not just lining the lips, but also filling them in and then adding a gloss over.

NYX Mosaic Powder Blush in Truth

Full size - $7 : Sample is full size

This looks more like a bronzer than a blush to me, but I'm willing to give it a try. I tend to like more peachy toned blushes anyhow so maybe this would/could give me a similar effect.

J.Cat Beauty Sparkling Cream Palette in Volta

Full size - $4.49 : Sample is full size

As much as I love glitter, I don't love it on my eyes. When it comes to my eyes, I'm not really very adventurous. I tend to stick to brown and cream colors. This will be going to my sister.

Chella Ivory Lace Highlighter Pencil

Full size - $18 : Sample is full size

I think this is an interesting concept - a brow highlighter. It looks like it might work well for an inner corner highlight as well.

J.Cat Beauty Eyelashes with Eyelash Glue Style 747M

Full size - $3.99 : Sample is full size

I've never tried false lashes before so this should be interesting! I guess we'll have to see how it goes. To be honest though, I kind of like my lashes the way they are.

Bag

$1 value

I think this is a pretty cute bag, but it's not something I would have chosen for myself. It'll probably go into my secret stash for a future project.

Bag total: $46.46

As always, let me know what you got in your bag and/or if you want me to do a more in depth review of anything once I've used it.

No comments:

Post a Comment