With A Side of Jess: May 2013 Ipsy/Glam Bag

Monday, May 20, 2013

May 2013 Ipsy/Glam Bag

The theme of this month's Ipsy/Glam Bag is Spring Fling. I really think this month's bag pattern is adorable, though it says "summer" to me more so than "spring." Still, it's a nice bag.

Also, my life is in the midst of an upheaval of sorts so I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to film a video for this bag. I may have one up later, but I doubt it especially since it won't be an unboxing (unbagging?) like usual.

Yaby Concealer Refill

Full size - $5.06 : Sample is full size

I've been looking for a great concealer for a while now. I have a couple that I use for various problem areas - under eyes and blemishes mostly - that are ok but I wouldn't call them amazing. I'm excited to try this one but a little bit worried as well because I'm not sure if it's from the heat here or if it's the true consistency of the product, but it seems a bit oily or greasy. When I swatch it on the back of my hand though, I don't notice the same greasiness.

Zoya Nail Polish - Jacqueline

Full size - $8 : Sample is full size

This is kind of a milky white color, which is similar to Cho in my opinion. To be honest, I haven't tried Cho yet even though I've had it for several months. I did try another Zoya polish and I wasn't all that impressed with it. At the time I was having issues with every nail polish I tried so I might try it again and see if my opinion changes. Until then, and because I already have a similar color, I'll be adding this to my giveaway box.

Juice Beauty Lip Gloss - Fig

Full size - $15 : Sample - $7.50

I haven't tried this on my lips yet, but I did swatch it on the back of my hand. It has a slightly citrusy scent to it which I found to be quite different from most lip glosses which seem to be vanilla scented. The color seemed really pretty and I can't wait to try it out on my lips.

NuMe Finishing Serum

Full size - $29 : Sample - $4.92

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this product. It might be good after I straighten my hair to keep things smooth and frizz free and I kind of hope it will be good for when I don't straighten it to keep things from getting too out of control. However, I am a little worried that it might make my hair a little greasy or something.

Pacifica Coconut Crushed Pearl Luminizing Body Butter

Full size - $7 : Sample is full size

I haven't opened the package (it's got a foil seal on it) to actually try it because I'm debating tossing it into my giveaway box. I have a TON of lotions that I still need to use up and I don't really use lotion all that often. I've heard great things from others who have tried it already and what I can smell through the foil smells nice.

Bag total: $33.48 

(I add $1 to account for the bag itself having some value)

No comments:

Post a Comment