With A Side of Jess: April 2013 Favorites - Beauty, Craft, Food and Lifestyle

Monday, May 6, 2013

April 2013 Favorites - Beauty, Craft, Food and Lifestyle

The month really got away from me. About mid-month I started thinking about what I had been using so far in April and by the time I knew it, it was already May 1! So a little late, but here nonetheless, here are my favorites for the month of April.

Beauty

Be a Bombshell Blush - Sweet Cheeks

I've really liked using this blush this month! A little bit really goes a long way but I like the way it looks on my cheeks. With a light hand it adds a nice, rosy flush. I would caution though that it also has a slight highlight effect with some shimmer - not glitter, just a shine of sorts - on my skin at least.

e.l.f. Eyelid Primer

This has been my go to eyelid primer for a while. It's $1 and it works great. I would probably pay a bit more than that for this, but don't tell e.l.f.! It's a great deal and really helps keep my eyeshadow in place without creasing and without turning my eyelids into oil slicks. It also helps the color show up better.

CoverGirl Eye Enhancers Trio - Cafe au Lait

These have been my go to eyeshadows for some time now. I actually just took them out of my every day bag so I'll be forced to try something different. I usually use the brown shade on its own, or with a bit of the middle color. For whatever reason I have a hard time using the white one.

CoverGirl Lip Perfection Jumbo Gloss Balm - Ballet Twist


Yes I know this has been a favorite before, but it's still a favorite. I carry this in my purse and use it all the time. I don't need a mirror to put it on and it looks good with anything.

Craft


Food


Granola Bars

My mom is trying to insist that I cannot live on granola bars alone, that's how much I've been eating them this month. They're such a quick thing to grab on the go. I'd like to eventually look into making my own so that I can control the ingredients and maybe make them healthier.

Marzetti Old Fashioned Caramel Dip

I think we had a coupon for this and we got it on sale on top of that. Boy was that a mistake! We ended up buying two containers of it this month! I always forget about this until the fall or until we have a coupon and it's on sale. It's delicious!

Cheribundi Cherry Black Tea Refresh

This is not just a favorite because I did a review or am doing a giveaway about it. It's a true favorite. I only wish I'd had more of it this month. It was really delicious and I think I'll have to suck it up and make the 30-45 minute trek to the only store in the area that carries them.

Lifestyle


Sims

I got back into The Sims 3 this month. I really love designing and decorating houses the most. My favorite thing is to start with 1 Sim and very little money and see how many generations it takes to get a great home without cheating.

Sims Free Play

A friend of mine, Angie I'm looking at you!, made the mistake of telling me there's a Sims game you can play on your phone...and it's free. I've been hooked ever since - see other Sim favorite above.

Kittens

 My sister's cat had kittens this month and boy are they cute! I want one. I'm getting one when they're big enough. It's just so hard to wait for them to get big enough! I'm sure I'll post pictures and do a whole post when the one I want finally gets to come home with me.

Walking

This month I started going on weekly walks with my neighbor. Not only is the exercise good for me, the company is also great! She's super nice and always has great advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment