With A Side of Jess: Birchbox May 2013

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Birchbox May 2013

This month's Birchbox is "all about you," a beauty tell all of sorts. To be perfectly honest, I don't see how these products necessarily fit that theme. At first glance they don't seem like any products you might keep a secret from friends so they'll be "your" products or anything so I don't know.


Pilot Acroball PureWhite

Full size - $6.24 for 4 pens : Sample - $1.56

I've owned a few Pilot pens over the years but this one looks pretty cool. It's apparently a "hybrid ink pen" that has vibrant colors of ink with the smoothness of a gel pen, minus the smudging gel pens are prone to. I was excited to find that this one has pink ink! I'm not sure if the color on the outside is supposed to be indicative of the ink color or if it just happened in this case. I'm always looking for great pens so I love it.

Sumita Color Contrast Eyeliner

Full size - $11 : Sample - $5.50*

*I just guessed that this eyeliner might be about half the size of a full sized eyeliner. I couldn't find a weight or anything online for a full size version.

I'm into eyeliners about as much as I am perfume samples - aka not very much. I just don't wear eyeliner. This particular color is a navy blue of sorts it seems (I didn't open it because it's going straight into my giveaway box). I guess since I didn't even swatch it I don't have much to say about it.

Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle

Full size - $21.95 : Sample - $2.74*

*Again, I couldn't find a size on the sample so I just kind of guessed based on other bottles I have that are similar in size.

I'm really excited to try this since my hair is at a stage where it gets tangled fairly easily. The humidity of the spring - it's already been quite humid here in Ohio - hasn't helped that at all. I hope this will keep things in order until I get a hair cut soon. I'm tired of feeling like I'm ripping half my hair out every time I comb or brush it.

Folle de Joie eau de parfum

Full size - $98 : Sample - $2.74

I actually kind of like this perfume - at first sniff at least. It's supposed to be a mix of mandarin, rose and sandalwood. I think, after looking back at other perfumes I like, that it's the sandalwood that I'm drawn to. To me, it seems like a very warm scent and I like that.

COOLA Classic SPF 30 Cucumber

Full size - $32 : Sample - $4.33

I haven't opened this sample yet to get a proper smell and look at it because I'm debating tossing it into the giveaway box. I already have sunscreen in my daily facial moisturizer and I have some for the rest of my body as well. I might toss this into my purse for days I'm at work and find myself in need of suncreen. I'm not sure. There's a little bit of foil sealing it but from what I can smell through that, it smells much better than traditional sunscreen.

Box total: $15.86

No comments:

Post a Comment